We are more than seven months past the initial Covid-19 lock downs and most experts expect we are still many months away from getting control over this virus. Many families in our area have been severely impacted and stressed by Covid-19, beyond the difficulties and stresses they may have been dealing with before the virus erupted. With that as the backdrop, we at Strategy Law want to take a moment to recognize a few non-profit organizations that are doing as much as they can to help out. These organizations, in fact, were doing an enormous amount of good work long before Covid-19 and would still be completely engaged today if the virus had never occurred. When Covid-19 did explode in our area, they each pivoted as much as possible and continued to assist individuals, families and communities to weather the virus and improve lives in the process. They are not fatigued, whatever struggles they may be going through, but do need support now more than ever!
The attorneys and staff at Strategy Law, LLP have supported each of the organizations mentioned through board of directors’ affiliations, volunteer work and donations. One of the core values of our firm is to be responsible members of the community and give back, and we are proud to have been able to do what we can. We believe it takes continual and personal involvement by all of us to keep our communities healthy!
A not so subtle purpose of this article is to encourage each reader to remember for a moment the difficulties encountered by so many kids and adults in the Bay Area during 2020, exacerbated in many instances by the virus, and give generously to whatever non-profit organizations the reader may trust.
Below are some of the organizations Strategy Law is familiar with, supports through involvement and donations, and trusts!
- Via Rehabilitation Services, Inc., (Jack Easterbrook – member of the Board of Directors, and the firm sponsors the annual Via Ball). Via provides early childhood screening and therapies for children with disabilities and respite services for the families and caregivers of children and adults with disabilities, including multi-day overnight camps at the Via West Campus.
- Silicon Valley Education Foundation (Tamara Pow sponsored the annual DreamMakers event). SVEF is a huge proponent and supporter of STEM learning as a way to assist every student in the Silicon Valley area to become a successful and productive adult, and runs programs for a diverse population of students at all levels from the beginning of the school experience until college.
- Hope Services (Lisa Chapman – Member of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee). Hope Services provides day services, training and employment, community living and mental health services for children and adults with disabilities.
- Stroke Awareness Foundation (the firm participates in and sponsors the annual Fight Stroke Walk!). SAF works to minimize the devastating effects of a stroke by promoting awareness of the symptoms and the need for fast action once you are aware of the occurrence of a stroke event.
- Bill Wilson Center – Adopt-A-Family (Firm donations). Tamara Pow has organized Adopt-A-Family donations for almost 20 years. Every year Strategy Law and its people have collected clothing, gift cards, toys and related items to be provided to needy families in the Silicon Valley area during the year-end holidays. Adopt-A-Family matches families to donors so individualized gifts can be provided to needy families in Santa Clara County.
We encourage every reader to get involved with a non-profit organization that has a vision and mission you believe in and is working hard to carry out programs that realize the vision. It is no secret that many non-profit organizations, which often focus on providing personal and direct services to individuals in need, have had their business models upended by Covid-19 and are in real need of your support now!!
This blog is written as of October 27, 2020. Recommendations and legal requirements are changing rapidly, so please continue to review our legal updates or review postings on relevant government websites.
All blogs on this site are for educational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice or opinion, and should not be applied to your situation, or any specific situation, without consultation with counsel. Strategy Law, LLP does not provide any legal advice concerning any matter discussed in a blog except upon formal engagement including, without limitation, execution of Strategy Law, LLP’s formal legal services agreement, and with respect to specific factual situations. No blog constitutes a guaranty, warranty, or prediction regarding the result of any legal matter discussed in the blog or any representation.