MEET OUR TEAM
Attorney – Of Counsel
Employment & Litigation
One Almaden Boulevard, Suite 700
San Jose, CA 95113
Lisa is an employment and litigation attorney. Throughout her thirty plus years of practice she has provided efficient, creative, and strategic advice and representation to clients. Lisa provides advice to help her clients avoid unnecessary and costly litigation. Her legal advice is informed by the law and by the overall and unique business goals of each of her clients.
Lisa attended the University of California, Santa Barbara where she was a Dean’s List Scholar and majored in political science. After college Lisa worked in Washington D.C. for the U.S. Senate as the Director of State Relations for the U.S. National Alcohol Fuels Commission where she monitored State alcohol fuel policies and published a Federal compendium. She attended the University of San Francisco School of Law. She practiced law in Los Angeles for over ten years, after which she returned to the Bay area where she has practiced for over twenty years.
Lisa is an active member of the community, and has served on several non-profit boards, including Hope Services.
Lisa’s forward-looking approach often involves auditing her clients’ employment practices, procedures, and policies. She starts with an analysis of contracts and concludes with a thorough review of their compliance with employment laws and regulations. She believes that a little (or a lot) of prevention goes a long way towards avoiding costly mistakes. The following are some of the areas in which she provides advice and counsel.
- Hiring practices and policies
- Performance review and management
- Wage and hour issues
- Leaves of absence
- ADA and FMLA compliance
- Termination procedures
- Employee threats of workplace violence
- Draft employee handbooks
Lisa represents companies in civil litigation in Federal and State courts. Being aware that litigation drains company resources, is oftentimes extremely emotional and can irreparably harm a company’s culture, Lisa engages in early dispute resolution, when possible.
Lisa represents clients before the Department of Labor Standards and Enforcement, EDD, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the EEOC, including the following areas:
- Wrongful termination
- Wage and hour issues
- Related torts and claims
Lisa conducts investigations involving employee complaints of sexual harassment and other claims.
Lisa conducts sexual harassment and implicit bias trainings for companies.
Lisa represents parties in a wide variety of business-related matters, including the following:
- Business torts
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Breach of contract
Lisa counsels executives in connection with employment contracts, exit strategies and packages, and related issues.
Affiliations & Activities
- Past member of the of the executive committee of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, employment law section.
- Past co-chair of the Palo Alto Bar Association, employment law section.
- Past co-chair of the Palo Alto Bar Association, women lawyer’s section.
- Member of the Association of Workplace Investigators (“AWI”).
- Lisa frequently speaks about employment and other legal issues, including to NELI and local bar associations. She also frequently writes articles on current topics.
- J.D., University of San Francisco
- B.A., Political Science, University of California – Santa Barbara
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Northern, Central and Southern
Districts of California
If you have any problems making a payment, please contact us at (408) 478-4100 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.