MEET OUR TEAM
John W. Easterbrook
Banking and Real Estate Attorney
One Almaden Boulevard, Suite 700
San Jose, CA 95113
For over 18 years attorney Jack (John) Easterbrook’s practice has been dedicated to structuring and documenting complex loan transactions, real estate transactions and construction financing, as well as representing clients in problem loan workouts, liquidations and contract disputes. Jack’s practice includes extensive expertise in real estate financing and commercial law matters, as well as security interests in specialized collateral such as intellectual property, vessels and aircraft. He has represented institutional lenders in the sale and assignment of loans and creation of loan participations.
Jack has worked with parties in developing strategies for addressing problem loans, contracts in default or disputed agreements particularly when debt financing is involved, has prepared and negotiated forbearance agreements, loan modifications and restructured debt agreements, and navigated the thorny issues that arise when foreclosing on real or personal property collateral and enforcing guarantees, along with the lender liability claims that may accompany such actions. He is actively involved in litigation arising from these matters. Jack also represents creditors in insolvency proceedings.
Prior to establishing a legal career, Jack served as a commercial, real estate and asset based lender for Wells Fargo Bank, where he held management and revenue line responsibility. Based on this experience, Jack has emphasized getting to sensible and timely business solutions for his clients with legal issues.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law – With Honors
- M.B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- B.A., Michigan State University
- State Bar of California – Member Since: 1994
- ProVisors, San Francisco Bay Area, Palo Alto II – Member Since: 2015
Causes & Charities Supported
- Via Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
- The Big Wave Project
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated 5.0 out of 5.0
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® PEER REVIEW RATINGS™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.